Thursday, January 08, 2009

Performance test training for just 7.5 hours

This week, i have been told to hold a session to train my team members who are interested in performance test, and I only have 1.5 hours per day, so totally only 7.5 hours to give a whole picture of what i am doing with performance test daily work.Really challenging and funny!

Basically, most of people are more likely to do the hands-on work than listening to the methodologies or principles, so I arrange the last 3 days to do more scripting work...i do not like this situation indeed

During the First day, I have a lot of passion to describe and explain what I think and learned all about Performance, so that losing My voice after almost 80 minuets non-stop talking,lol

Personally, I am a fan of Jmeter not LR, but I have to bring this "big Giant" to my team,.you know.....

I list my initial schedule and prepare my PPT,documentation and test scripts one week before:
Day1: Performance engineering overview
Performance test overview PPT: 1 hour
Q&A: 10 mins
Quiz: 20 mins
What kind of measurements or metrics should we collect during performance testing?
What's the difference between response time and throughput?
How can you make a plan or test scenarios before you conduct performance testing?
What's the life cycle of performance engineering?

Day2: Loadrunner Controller introduction
Fundamental of LR PPT: 50 mins
Q&A:10 mins
Quiz: 30 mins
describe the main components in Loadrunner, and what's the responsibility in them respectively.
Run demo scripts in LR controller, adding Load generators, setting the run-time settings, collect and analyze performance result.

Day3: Loadrunner Vugen introduction
Loadrunner VuGen Script Development Process introduction: 40 mins
Q&A: 10 mins
Quiz: 30 mins
Writing scripts and tuning on Demo application

Day4: Loadrunner scripting tips
introduce some important functions and method in Loadrunner and C: 40 mins
Q&A: 10 mins
Quiz:30 mins
Creating one scripts on XXX application.

Day5: Lab practice and Recap
45mins-1 hour:Yahoo! suggest perf scripts creating ---using Ajax(web & click) combine with web(Html&http) protocol
Recap and Q&A: 30 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment