Thursday, January 08, 2009

Performance testers, you do need friends

Sometimes I saw some performance testers is to be blamed or they blame themselves due to some performance issues are found in production by customer....the testers may feel helpless from their face:"I am the only one who did the performance planning, testing and tuning,coding, verification, deployment...... I know I should be blamed for today's result....."

However, I do not feel lonely when I work as a performance test engineer, i do have a lot of dev friends even managers to help on solving the problem and make my Guess happen(although sometimes we may take an indirect route), Fortunately, my friends give their trust to me and we work closely!!

1. We work as a team, if there is a problem, then every team member is to blame
2. We did not spend unnecessary time to argue on how to simulate the real production data and behavior, you know it is Utopia :)
3. Focusing on solving problem instead of avoiding the problem in a self-deceiving way, we can not allow things getting worse and worse as time goes by
4.Everything is following an iterative way, do not expect to reach your aim in one move. we improves our planning, testing and tuning work step by step, accumulating a lot of our own "best practice" in daily work

So do not be alone to do performance work and also do not consider the performance problem is belonging to one, let friends get involve, it is a collaboration work naturally :)

No comments:

Post a Comment